Saturday, February 12, 2011

Snowbound...

I wrote this on 2/1/11, Tuesday at 12:49 p.m.

snow blowing outside, sun shining on my shoulder (!), cup of hot chocolate, warm fire crackling on the television screen (DVD!), accompanied by easy-listening music... doggy whining to go outdoors, leftover home-made lasagna ready to reheat in the oven... knowledge that so many of my friends are just a few typed words and thoughts away...

home-made bread, pineapple-upside-down cake...

we're in the "Blizzard of Oz" as Steve Grant [KY3 newsman] put it... may get 20 inches even... snow day from work, of course... mind-relaxing games just a few clicks away...

commenting to a Christian author and "hearing" her reply back to me... seeing how the Lord is supplying for so many of my loved ones...

relaxing in my long night-shirt, sweats, and ankle socks... so many good books enticing me to look inside... plenty of time to think, and pray for safety and health and well-being and salvation and "3 M's" for friends and family members alike... wondering how long the snow will last... will we go back to work tomorrow? or day after...

my mind enjoys thoughts and words and phrases and names and music...

wonder if the DVD's with the fireplace come with aquariums or seashores...?

~ If I had the money for one trip w/ incidentals (extra for spending, etc.), how would I choose between a Southern Gospel cruise and a visit to my beloved Argentina...? Which would be my choice? - Argentina, of course...


~ Ended up getting about 15-16 inches of snow over the next week or so - had 4 snow days off work! Enjoyed the time off, but was thankful to go back to work on Monday...

Thank You, Father, for my job...


Check out our website http://www.bryantministries.com/ sometime soon.


"Here, there, or in the air!"


In Him,


Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment